FRC believes the context for the full expression of human sexuality is within the bonds of marriage between one man and one woman. Upholding this standard of sexual behavior would help to reverse many of the destructive aspects of the sexual revolution, including sexually transmitted disease rates of epidemic proportion, high out-of-wedlock birth rates, adultery, and homosexuality.
In accordance with this position, the best sexuality education embraces sexual abstinence outside of marriage. The abstinence-until-marriage approach promotes optimal physical and psycho-social outcomes for youth and young adults. FRC maintains that contraceptive-based or comprehensive sex education is destructive, providing mixed risk messaging and an overly narrow focus on physical health alone.
FRC does not consider homosexuality, bi-sexuality, and transgenderism as acceptable alternative lifestyles or sexual "preferences"; they are unhealthy and destructive to individual persons, families, and society. Compassion compels us to support the healing of those who wish to change their destructive behavior.
- Testimony by Peter Sprigg in Opposition to Maryland House Bill 1265 [March 2014; Peter Sprigg]
- Testimony by Peter Sprigg in Opposition to Maryland Senate Bill 212 [Feb. 2014; Peter Sprigg]
- Testimony of Peter Sprigg before the Maryland Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee [Feb. 2013; Peter Sprigg]
- Testimony by Peter Sprigg in Opposition to Maryland SB 212 [Feb. 2012; Peter Sprigg]
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity (SOGI) Laws: A Threat to Free Markets and Freedom of Conscience and Religion [October 2014; Peter Sprigg]
- Obama Executive Order on “Sexual Orientation” and “Gender Identity” [September 2014; Peter Sprigg and Travis Weber]
- Protect Client and Therapist Freedom of Choice Regarding Sexual Orientation Change Efforts [March 2014; Peter Sprigg]
- Gender Identity Protections and “Bathroom Bills” [2010; Peter Sprigg]
- Oppose Special Protections for Homosexuals and Transgenders [2010; Peter Sprigg]
- Ex-Gay Therapy Debate: The Truth Does Matter [August 2014; Peter Sprigg]
- Homosexual and Transgender Employment Bill Threatens Religious Liberty [Dec. 2013; Peter Sprigg]
- Why Science Doesn’t Support Orientation-Change Bans [Sept. 2013; Peter Sprigg]