Prayer Targets: Rules for Radicals; Community Organizers; Obamacare Lite?; Religious Freedom Order
March 08, 2017
When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him. (Isaiah 59:19b)
Dear Praying Friends,
David Horowitz was one of the founders of the New Left in the 1960s and an editor of Ramparts Magazine. Years later and somewhat wiser, he founded the David Horowitz Freedom Center and has written numerous books exposing the agenda and methods of the radical Left. These edited excerpts are from Horowitz’s 2009 Front Page Magazine article, Six Alinsky Rules Explain Obama’s Words and Deeds:
It is no secret that Saul Alinsky’s manual for “community organizers”—Rules for Radicals—exerted immeasurable influence over the world’s most recognized community organizer, President Barack Obama. Below are six “rules” that Saul Alinsky, the Godfather of community organizing, packed in his famous book, rules Obama wholly believed and taught to his students at Columbia University.
(1) Politics is all about power relations, but to advance one’s power, one must couch one’s positions in the language of morality. Community organizers are “political realists” who “see the world as it is: an arena of power politics moved primarily by perceived immediate self-interests, where morality is rhetorical rationale for expedient action and self-interest” (12).
(2) There are only three kinds of people in the world: rich and powerful oppressors, the poor and disenfranchised oppressed, and the middle-class whose apathy perpetuates the status quo. “The world ... consists of but three kinds of people: “the Haves, the Have-Nots, and the Have-a-Little, Want Mores.” The Haves, resist the “change” necessary to relieve the Have-Nots of their suffering (18). He calls the middle class “Do nothings,” and as resistant to change as the Haves.
(3) Change is brought about through relentless agitation and “trouble making” of a kind that radically disrupts society as it is. Since neither the middle nor upper classes have his passion for radical change, the organizer must “stir up dissatisfaction and discontent.” He must “agitate to the point of conflict,” “dramatize...injustices” and engage in “‘trouble making’ by stirring up... angers, frustrations, and resentments” (117) that will hasten “disorganization of the old and organization of the new” (116). He should introduce as much “confusion” and “fear” as possible (127).
(4) There can be no conversation between the organizer and his opponents. The latter must be depicted as being evil. “You don’t communicate with anyone purely on the rational facts or ethics of an issue” (89). “Moral rationalization is indispensable,” (43) the organizer must “clothe” his goals and strategies with “moral arguments” (36). No conversation with one’s opponents. To converse with them is to humanize them. “Men will act when they are convinced that their cause is 100 per cent on the side of the angels and that the opposition [is] 100 per cent on the side of the devil.” “There can be no action until issues are polarized to this degree” (130).
(5) The organizer can never focus on just a single issue. He must move inexhaustibly from one issue to the next. The organizer “must develop multiple issues” (76, 78). “A single issue is a fatal strait jacket that...drastically limits” the organizer’s “appeal,” but “multiple issues...draw in...many potential members essential to the building of a broad, mass-based organization” (120). “Keep the action going” by “constantly cutting new issues so that by the time the enthusiasm and the emotions for one issue de-escalate, a new issue has emerged” (161).
(6) Taunt one’s opponents to the point that they label you a “dangerous enemy” of “the establishment.” Finally, in order “to put the organizer on the side of the people, to identify him with the Have-Nots,” it is imperative that he “maneuver and bait the establishment so that it will publicly attack him as a ‘dangerous enemy’” (100).
The administration faces a formidable, organized movement that will persist in using tried revolutionary strategies and tactics to undermine the new president. The liberal press is marching in lockstep. But an army of praying men and women – far more devoted than paid stooges used to tear down our Republic – will plead with God to subdue every scheme to overthrow our nation! Prevailing prayer and responsible action are the “Standard” God will use (Is 59:19b) (Jack Kerwick, Front Page Magazine, April, 2013; Download: Horowitz, Rules for Revolution).
Nationwide Community Organizers – While no longer president, Barack Obama continues his campaign to fundamentally transform America. He is continuing his role as “Community Organizer in Chief” through his former presidential campaign organization Obama for America, now called Organizing for Action (OFA). In February we pointed to the New York Post report that “OFA boasts more than 250 offices nationwide and more than 32,000 organizers, with another 25,000 actively under training.” After Trump’s election upset in November, Mr. Obama personally rallied OFA troops to “protect” his legacy in a conference call. “Now is the time for some organizing,” he said. “So don’t mope” over the election results. Since November, OFA, organized as a “social welfare” non-profit (not required to make its donor list public) has beefed up staff and fundraising.
The Post writes, “These aren’t typical Black Lives Matter or Occupy Wall Street marchers, but rather professionally trained organizers who go through a six-week training program similar to the training – steeped in Alinsky agitation tactics.” Allied with OFA is a group called Indivisible, which purports to be an entirely volunteer organization which has grown through the wide distribution of its Indivisible Guide: A Practical Guide for Resisting the Trump Agenda. Breitbart News says OFA, Indivisible, and billionaire George Soros are linked.
Soros, who has long funded these kinds of organizations, controls several allied organizations and is planning an April 15th nationwide “Tax Protest” – not to protest high taxes – but to shame President Trump for not having made public his tax returns. From there they will branch out into other anti-Trump diatribes. The prayers of God’s people and common sense policies by President Trump and Congress will prevail over these sad people. If not, this could become a permanent part of the political landscape (see NY Post: Protesting Trump; Breitbart on Soros Links; “Wreck the Country, Whatever the Cost”).
- May God grant revival and national awakening, which alone will change hearts. May angry Americans invest in constructive and productive activities that build up, not tear down, our nation. May Barack Obama learn from former President Bush, who refused to interfere in or criticize his successor’s leadership. May he fulfil his promise to facilitate a smooth and peaceful transition. May the American people reject insurrection-like methods of these malcontents. May Americans of every social and economic class, every ethnic, religious, and racial group focus on good will, good citizenship, and common decency in this hour. May God move Americans everywhere to pray for and support our leaders. (Pr 28:7; Acts 3:19; Gal 5:15; 1 Tim 2:1-8; 2 Pet 2:13)
Repeal and Replace! Obamacare Lite? – The House of Representatives has delivered on President Trump’s promise to repeal and replace Obamacare, offering the new American Health Care Act. But conservatives in the House and Senate are balking, calling the bill “Obamacare-lite” because the bill perpetuates provisions of Obamacare. It is filled with subsidies and higher costs to taxpayers, and builds upon the Obamacare ideology that health care is a human right that requires civil government to provide a managed health care entitlement to millions of Americans, which in turn requires the government to raise billions and ultimately trillions of tax dollars for redistribution. Many believe the new plan to be just as unconstitutional as Obamacare. To many, this solidifies America’s movement toward big-government, European-style socialism. Nevertheless, the new bill is an improvement on the old. It gives more power and responsibility to the states, adds new free market features, and ends direct fines now imposed upon those who choose not to purchase insurance. FRC is pleased that abortion has been largely wrung from the bill and that Planned Parenthood will be defunded (but only for one year). However, FRC is deeply concerned that a loophole for abortion remains hidden away in the details and must be fixed by the Senate, or American taxpayers could continue to fund abortion against their faith and conscience (read more: FRC: Concerns Remain, The Great Reveal; WSJ: The Health Bill You've Waited For; Some Conservatives Balk; Planned Parenthood).
- May God move the Senate to adjust the bill to satisfy constitutional conservatives and to excise the possibility of abortion funding and to defund Planned Parenthood! (Ex 23:2; Dt 5:17; 1 Sam 12:13-15; Pr 14:22 Ps 2:all; 96:10)
Finally, please keep these items on your prayer list: 1) The U.S. Supreme Court has sent the Gloucester County, Va. transgender bathroom case back to the 4th Circuit Court to reconsider given President Trump’s order rescinding the Obama bathroom mandate. 2) Texas is in the process of passing a bill, SB 6 (similar to North Carolina’s HB 2), which protects the privacy of women and girls from biological males who may seek to exploit transgender bathroom policies for criminal reasons in order to invade their bathrooms, showers, and locker rooms. 3) Over 100 conservative Christian leaders are asking President Trump to immediately issue a Religious Liberty Executive Order to protect people from federal government discrimination and abuse because of their biblical views on marriage and sexuality. Thank you for praying!