STAND ON THE WORD WITH FRC
READINGS THIS WEEK
January 30: Jeremiah 8
1) With what does Jeremiah contrast the people's disobedience of God's judgments, rules, and decrees (see v. 7)?
2) What were some of the ways that prophets and priests alike practiced deceit (see v. 10)?
- They treated the spiritual wounds of the people as if not serious
- They cried, "Peace, Peace" when there was no peace
- They had no shame and did not even know how to blush
- All of the above
January 31: Jeremiah 9
1) In what should people boast according to v. 23-24?
- The wise boast in their wisdom
- The mighty boast in their strength
- The rich boast in their riches
- The humble boast in understanding and knowing the LORD
2) What do you think the difference is between mere physical circumcision and true spiritual circumcision of the heart (compare v. 25-26 with Romans 2:28-29)?
February 1: Jeremiah 10
1) To what does God compare worthless idols (see v. 5)?
2) What were some expressions Jeremiah used of the LORD when contrasting His attributes with worthless idols (see v. 6-16)?
February 2: Jeremiah 11
1) God asked Jeremiah to remind His people of what important era in their history (v. 1-5)?
2) How did Jeremiah find out about the plot on his life (v. 18-20)?
- Local Gossip
- Magic Eight Ball
- Psychic Friends Network
- God's Revealed Word
February 3: Jeremiah 12-13
1) God replies to Jeremiah's question about why the way of the wicked prospers with a challenge in v. 5. Which statement below best reflects that challenge?
- If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
- If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.
- If you can't keep up with the infantry, how will you run with the cavalry?
- None of the above
2) What did God tell Jeremiah to do with his loincloth (underwear)?
- Change it
- Wash it
- Bury it
- Throw it away
February 4: Jeremiah 14
1) On what basis did Jeremiah plead for God's intervention and what was God's reply in v. 7-12?
2) What judgment did God pronounce on the "lying prophets" who were spreading fake messages and giving false hope (see v. 13-16)?