January 10: Genesis 23-24
1) Who did Abraham's servant (Eliezer) ask for help in finding a wife for Isaac?
2 ) What qualities or characteristics does the servant pray for, and do we see in the actions of Rebekah?
January 11: Genesis 25-26
1) What does Isaac do that was just like his father?
2) How was it that Isaac became very prosperous?
January 12: Genesis 27-28
1) What, unfortunately, family behavior do we see in this passage?
2) What did this deception do to the family?
January 13: Genesis 29-30
1) What is the stated reason that God opened the womb of Leah?
2) What was one of the main reasons Laban said he wanted Jacob to stay and continue serving him?
January 14: Genesis 31-33
1) What does the outcome of Laban changing the wages of Jacob 10 times and his efforts to take advantage of Jacob tell us about God's involvement with our employment?
2) As Jacob wrestled with God, he would not let Him go until God did what?
- Declared him the winner
- Blessed him
- Dislocated his hip
- None of the above
January 15: Genesis 34-36
1) What was Jacob's response to the actions of Simeon and Levi?
2) What actions might Jacob have taken that would have averted the massacre at Shechem?
January 16 Discussion Questions:
1) What passage uniquely spoke to you this week?
2) What new insight or understanding did you gain from the passage?
3) What application might this have to your life or to what is happening in the world today?
4) How would God have you apply this truth to your life or family?