April 27: Joshua 22-23
1) Why did the Israelites on the west side of the Jordan become upset when they heard an altar had been built by the tribes of Ruben, Gad, and Manasseh on the other side of the Jordan?
2) As a part of his final address to the leaders, Joshua told them to be very courageous and do what?
April 28: Joshua 24
1) In his final words to the people, Joshua told them to:
a. Fear the Lord
b. Serve the Lord
c. Reject idolatry
d. None of the above
e. All of the above
2) What declaration did Joshua make that displayed his godly leadership in his home?
April 29: Judges 1-2
1) What happened when a generation grew up not knowing the Lord or the work He had done in Israel's history?
2) What happened to Israel's strength and security when they forsook God and followed the gods of the people who were around them?
April 30: Judges 3-4
1) As a result of Israel's sin, whom did God strengthen to oppress Israel?
2) Ehud told King Eglon that he had a message from whom?
May 1: Judges 5-6
1) What was the result in Israel when Deborah provided leadership?
2) In the account of Gideon, how do we see the substance of evil being used for God's purposes?
May 2: Judges 7-8
1) Why do you think the 300 men who stayed on their feet and brought water to their mouths were the ones chosen to be in Gideon's army?
2) What mistake did Gideon make with the gold from the kings of Midian?
May 3: Discussion
Suggested discussion questions:
1) What passage uniquely spoke to you this week?
2) What insights did you gain about God?
3) What application might this have to what is happening in the world today?
4) How would God have you apply this truth to your life?