Bible Reading Plan: Week of April 5
April 6: Deut. 11-12
1) What does this passage say diligent obedience brings?
2) What choice did God give to the people?
April 7: Deut. 13-15
1) This passage talks about a third-year tithe. How was it to be used?
2) What would be the result of using this tithe as God directed?
April 8: Deut. 16-19
1) What are the effects of bribes?
2) Name two reasons God states in this passage that the inhabitants of the land were being driven out before the children of Israel.
April 9: Deut. 20-22
1) What does God say they should NOT do when they go out to battle against a physically superior army?
2) What are you supposed to do if you find something that belongs to your "brother" or neighbor?
April 10: Deut. 23-26
1) What did God do when Balaam attempted to curse the children of Israel and why?
2) Why was someone prohibited from taking the lower or upper millstone in a financial pledge?
April 11: Deut. 27-28
1) In what manner would the blessings of God come to those who obeyed Him?
2) What were the conditions of receiving the blessing of God?
April 12: Discussion
Suggested discussion questions:
1) What passage uniquely spoke to you this week?
2) What insights did you gain about God?
3) What application might this have to what is happening in the world today?
4) How would God have you apply this truth to your life?