August 17: Psalm 119:97-144
1) Speaking of God's word, the psalmist declares, "Your word is a __________ to my feet and a __________ for my path."
2) In verse 126, what reason does the psalmist give for declaring that it was time for the Lord to act?
August 18: Psalm 119:145-176
1) According to verse 165, what do those who love God's word possess?
2) When the psalmist confesses, "I have strayed like a lost sheep," what does he ask the Lord to do? (Hint: v. 176)
August 19: Psalm 120-128
1) From Psalm 122, what are we instructed to pray concerning Jerusalem?
2) In Psalm 127, how does the psalmist describe children?
a. They are a blessing
b. They are a reward
c. They are a heritage from the Lord
d. They are like arrows in the hands of a warrior
e. All of the above
August 20: Psalm 129-134
1) In Psalm 130, the psalmist asks, "If you O Lord should mark iniquities, who can stand? But with you there is __________..." (Hint: v. 4)
2) According to Psalm 133, what happens when God's people dwell together in unity?
August 21: Psalm 135-137
1) What does Psalm 135:15-18 say about those who create idols and those who trust in them?
2) What caused the Israelites to weep in Psalm 137?
August 22: Psalm 138-140
1) From Psalm 138:2, what has the Lord exalted above all things?
2) The psalmist declares in Psalm 139:13-14, "You formed my inmost parts, you knit me together in my mother's womb. I am __________ and __________ made.
August 23: Discussion Questions
1) What passage uniquely spoke to you this week?
2) What insights did you gain about God?
3) What application might this have to what is happening in the world today?
4) How would God have you apply this truth to your life?