February 1: Jeremiah 11
1) God asked Jeremiah to remind His people of what important era in their history (v. 1-5)?
2) How did Jeremiah find out about the plot on his life (v. 18-20)?
- Local Gossip
- Magic Eight Ball
- Psychic Friends Network
- God's Revealed Word
February 2: Jeremiah 12-13
1) God replies to Jeremiah's question about why the way of the wicked prospers with a challenge in v. 5. Which statement below best reflects that challenge?
- If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
- If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.
- If you can't keep up with the infantry, how will you run with the cavalry?
- None of the above
2) What did God tell Jeremiah to do with his loincloth (underwear)?
- Change it
- Wash it
- Bury it
- Throw it away
February 3: Jeremiah 14
1) On what basis did Jeremiah plead for God's intervention and what was God's reply in v. 7-12?
2) What judgment did God pronounce on the "lying prophets" who were spreading fake messages and giving false hope (see v. 13-16)?
February 4: Jeremiah 15
1) What two great Old Testament personalities did God say He would not even listen to if they tried to intercede on behalf of Judah (see v. 1)?
2) What conditional promises did God offer to Jeremiah after he essentially accused the LORD of letting him down in v. 18 (see 15:19-21)?
- If you return, I will restore you
- If you utter worthy, not worthless words, you will be my spokesman
- I will make you a fortified wall to this people; they will fight against you but will not prevail
- I will save you from the hands of the wicked and from the grasp of the cruel
- All of the above
February 5: Jeremiah 16
1) What normal life experiences did God tell Jeremiah to abstain from in v. 1-9?
- Marriage and having kids
- Going to funerals
- Participating in celebrations
- All of the above
2) Looking to the future deliverance from Babylonian captivity, God promised it would eclipse what great deliverance in His people's past?
February 6: Jeremiah 17
1) What did Jeremiah say was "deceitful above all things and desperately sick" (see v. 9-10)?
2) When God gave Jeremiah a message to preach at the People's Gate in Jerusalem, which of the Ten Commandments was the focus (see v. 19-27)?
February 7: Discussion Questions
1) What passage uniquely spoke to you this week?
2) What insights did you gain about God?
3) What application might this have to what is happening in the world today?
4) How would God have you apply this truth to your life?