July 6: Psalm 19-22
1) Where can we clearly see evidence for the glory of God according to Psalm 19?
2) Psalm 22 prophetically describes the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ. Can you identify the direct quote of Jesus to the Father (see Matt. 27:46 and Mark 15:34)?
July 7: Psalm 23-27
1) In Psalm 24, whose return to Jerusalem is predicted?
2) In Psalm 27, what was the one thing David asked of the Lord and sought after?
July 8: Psalm 28-31
1) Which of the following describe the voice of the Lord in Psalm 29?
- All of the above
2) How did God come to David's defense when he was in distress and remembered God's abundant goodness to those who fear the Lord (see Psalm 31)?
July 9: Psalm 32-34
1) According to David in Psalm 32, who is blessed and what steps did he take to experience that blessing personally?
2) In Psalm 34, whom does the angel of the Lord encamp around and what does he do for them?
July 10: Psalm 35-36
1) What posture of prayer does David adopt in Psalm 35 and what does it indicate about him?
2) What verse in Psalm 36 is quoted by Paul in Romans 3:18 to describe our sinfulness?
July 11: Psalm 37
1) If we delight ourselves in the Lord, what does he promise us?
2) Which verse in this psalm provides the foundation for the third Beatitude (see Matt. 5:5)?
Sunday, July 12: Discussion Questions
1) What passage uniquely spoke to you this week?
2) What insights did you gain about God?
3) What application might this have to what is happening in the world today?
4) How would God have you apply this truth to your life?