June 1: 2 Samuel 1-2
1) What does David's reaction to Saul's death reveal about David?
2) In what city did David reign as king of Judah?
June 2: 2 Samuel 3-4
1) How did David respond to the death of Abner?
2) What did David do for those who executed Ishbosheth and brought him Ishbosheth's head?
June 3: 2 Samuel 5-7
1) After David became king over all of Israel, the ______ was brought to Jerusalem.
c. Goliath's sword
d. The tabernacle
2) What did David do before the Lord that made Michal mad?
June 4: 2 Samuel 8-10
1) What did David do for Mephibosheth and why?
2) What did Joab say to his brother Abishai as he faced the army of Ammon?
June 5: 2 Samuel 11-12
1) What does chapter 11 suggest that David should have been doing that would have kept him from his encounter with Bathsheba?
2) What responsibility did God give to Nathan the prophet?
June 6: 2 Samuel 13
1) Was David's children's behavior/actions just a coincidence or did David's actions and behavior influence them?
2) How do the events in this chapter relate to the prophetic word of Nathan?
Sunday, June 7: Discussion Questions
June 7: Discussion
Suggested discussion questions:
1) What passage uniquely spoke to you this week?
2) What insights did you gain about God?
3) What application might this have to what is happening in the world today?
4) How would God have you apply this truth to your life?