June 15: 2 Samuel 22
1) How did God respond when David called to Him in his distress?
2) Why was David's repeated reference to God as his Rock especially relevant during this time?
June 16: 2 Samuel 23-24
1) After longing for water from a well in Philistine-held territory, why did David refuse to drink when his mighty men brought it to him, and what did he do with the water?
2) When God sent a plague and the prophet Gad gave instruction to build an altar to the Lord at the threshing floor of Araunah, how did David respond when Araunah offered animals for David to sacrifice?
June 17: 1 Chronicles 1-2
1) Who was the first man on earth to be a "mighty man?"
2) What were the names of the 12 sons of Israel?
June 18: 1 Chronicles 3-5
1) What did Jabez ask of the Lord and how did God respond?
2) Why did God hand over the Hagrites and all their allies in battle to the Israeli tribes of Reuben, Gad, and the half-tribe of Manasseh?
June 19: 1 Chronicles 6
1) Once the Ark of God rested at the Tent of Meeting, what service did David assign the Kohathites?
2) What traditional duties were assigned to Aaron's descendants with respect to the Tabernacle?
June 20: 1 Chronicles 7-8
1) How were the men of the tribes of Issachar, Benjamin, and Asher characterized?
2) In the genealogy of Saul, what special skill did the sons of Ulam possess?
Sunday, June 21: Discussion Questions
1) What passage uniquely spoke to you this week?
2) What insights did you gain about God?
3) What application might this have to what is happening in the world today?
4) How would God have you apply this truth to your life?