June 29: 1 Chronicles 24-26
1) Can you remember why Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, "died before their father and had no children"? Hint: Leviticus 10.
2) How was the order for service determined between the various priestly families?
June 30: 1 Chronicles 27-29
1) David told the people of his desire to build a house for God, but God would not allow him to do so because of what reason?
2) As David prayed over the offering of all the material to build the temple, where did he say all the gold, silver, wood, precious stones, and other materials came from?
July 1: Psalm 1-5
1) David said there were many who rose up against him to trouble him and discourage him, but he was able to have peace and courage because:
a. He called upon God (prayed)
b. The Lord was David's shield
c. The Lord sustained David
d. The Lord fought David's battle, striking his enemies
e. All the above
2) How did David say he could lie down and sleep in peace?
July 2: Psalm 6-10
1) David makes clear that God is not just the God of Israel, He is the God over all the nations and as such He will do what?
a. Ask for their help
b. Excuse their sin
c. Judge the entire world
d. None of the above
2) David recognized that those know the Name of the Lord, trust Him, and seek Him, the Lord will not _________ them.
July 3: Psalm 11-16
1) In Psalm 14, what did the fool say?
2) In Psalm 15, what are some characteristics David deemed necessary to enter God's presence?
July 4: Psalm 17-18
1) In David's prayer for vindication in Psalm 17, what did he mean when he asked God to "keep me as the apple of your eye"?
2) In David's song of praise in Psalm 18, which verse most closely resembles America's motto: "In God we trust"?
Sunday, July 5: Discussion Questions
1) What passage uniquely spoke to you this week?
2) What insights did you gain about God?
3) What application might this have to what is happening in the world today?
4) How would God have you apply this truth to your life?