May 11 - Judges 20
1. What was the cause of the horrible civil war between Israel and the tribe of Benjamin?
2. Who served as High Priest and inquired of the Lord on behalf of Israel?
May 12 - Judges 21
1. How did Israel seek to repair the breach in relationship with the tribe of Benjamin?
2. During that time the Bible says, "Everyone did what was right in his own eyes," but what (or who) should be the standard?
May 13 - Ruth 1-2
1. What did Ruth say about Naomi's God?
2. What is the difference between Israel's provision for the poor and our current welfare system?
May 14 - Ruth 3-4
1. How has Naomi's attitude changed since the first chapter regarding Ruth's prospects of getting remarried?
2. How is Boaz and what he did for Ruth a picture of what Jesus has done for us?
May 15 - 1 Samuel 1-2
1. What do Hannah's prayers tell us about how she understood God?
2. What did Eli do about his sons' sinful behavior as priests and how did they respond?
May 16 - 1 Samuel 3-4
1. What did Eli coach young Samuel to say to God when He called?
2. What does the story about the capture of the Ark of the Covenant teach us? Is it possible to feel confident God is on our side with us when He is not?
Sunday, May 17: Discussion Questions
1) What passage uniquely spoke to you this week?
2) What insights did you gain about God?
3) What application might this have to what is happening in the world today?
4) How would God have you apply this truth to your life?