May 25: 1 Samuel 18-19
1) What prompted Saul to eye David with suspicion and jealousy?
2) What happened to the men sent by Saul to Naioth to capture David?
May 26: 1 Samuel 20-21
1) When Jonathan told the lad: "the arrows are beyond you," what was he communicating to David?
2) What did David do in Gath when he became afraid that Achish might take revenge on him?
May 27: 1 Samuel 22-23
1) What kind of men joined David at the cave of Adullam?
d. All the above
2) Saul sought David every day, but why could he not find him?
May 28: 1 Samuel 24-25
1) What did David's men suggest God was doing when Saul came into the cave where they were hiding?
2) What did Abigail's wise appeal keep David from doing?
May 29: 1 Samuel 26-28
1) Why didn't Saul and his men wake up when David and Abishai were walking in their camp?
2) Why do you think Saul was so afraid when he saw the army of the Philistines?
May 30: 1 Samuel 29-31
1) David was dismissed by Achish because the Philistine kings were afraid he might join Saul and turn against them, but why do you think God might have been using their concern to remove David from this battle?
2) In the wake of the attack on Ziklag and David's men turning on him in distress, how did David find the strength to continue?
Sunday, May 31: Discussion Questions
Suggested discussion questions:
1) What passage uniquely spoke to you this week?
2) What insights did you gain about God?
3) What application might this have to what is happening in the world today?
4) How would God have you apply this truth to your life?