September 21 - Ecclesiastes 9-10
1) In chapter 9, what is the "same event that happens to all" according to Solomon?
2) A wise man's heart inclines him to the ______, but a fool's heart to the ______ (see 10:2)
September 22 - Ecclesiastes 11-12
1) What is the principle being taught in 11:1-2?
- Nothing ventured nothing gained
- Better late than never
- Generosity often comes back around to us
- None of the above
2) What is the whole duty of every person according to 12:13?
September 23 - 2 Chronicles 1-3
1) For what specific purpose did King Solomon ask God for wisdom?
2) Why did Solomon tell King Hiram of Tyre that he wanted to build God a great house and yet what did Solomon conclude about God (see 2:5-6)?
September 24 - 2 Chronicles 4-5
1) Among the temple furnishings was a bronze altar, which was the first main object greeting the worshipper who entered the sanctuary court of the new Temple. What does the altar signify?
- The Altar was a receptacle for the worshipper's loose change
- God expects a gift when entering his house
- Holy God may only be approached through sacrifice
- None of the above
2) When the priests placed the Ark of the Covenant in the Most Holy Place, what prevented them from performing their duties (see 5:13-14)?
September 25 - 2 Chronicles 6-7
1) What happened immediately following Solomon's prayer of dedication in 7:1-3?
2) When the nation experienced God's judgments as a result of their sin, on what conditions did the Lord promise to hear from heaven, forgive their sins and heal their land?
- God's people must humble themselves before Him
- God's people must pray and seek God's face
- God's people must turn from their wicked ways
- All of the above
September 26 - 2 Chronicles 8-9
1) In Chapter 8, why didn't Solomon want Pharaoh's daughter to live in the house of David (see v. 11)?
2) In Chapter 9, what impressed the Queen of Sheba and whom did she credit (see v. 5-8)?
September 27: Discussion Questions
1) What passage uniquely spoke to you this week?
2) What insights did you gain about God?
3) What application might this have to what is happening in the world today?
4) How would God have you apply this truth to your life?