September 28 - 1 Kings 1
1) What did King David fail to do that doubtless contributed to the delinquency of his son Adonijah (see v. 6)?
- Give him an allowance
- Play catch with him
- Discipline and correct him
- None of the above
2) After Adonijah's failed attempt to seize his father's throne, newly crowned King Solomon gave him a reprieve on what condition (see v. 52)?
September 29 - 1 Kings 2
1) What final requests did David make of Solomon as his son began his tenure as the new king of Israel?
- Keep the charge of the Lord, walking in his ways and keeping his commands
- Don't let Joab, who is guilty of much bloodshed, die in peace
- Take out Shimei, who cursed David when he was fleeing Absalom
- All of the above
2) How did King Solomon respond to his brother Adonijah's impudent request?
September 30 - 1 Kings 3-4
1) What did the Lord promise Solomon in addition to the wisdom he requested?
- Long life if he would walk as David walked, honoring God's word
- All of the above
2) Just how wise did Solomon become (see 4:29-34)?
October 1 - 1 Kings 5-6
1) Why did the Lord choose Solomon, rather than his father, King David, to build the temple (see 5:2-5; 1 Chron. 22:8; 28:3)?
2) What were the conditions to be met by Solomon for the Lord to keep his promise to "establish my word with you, which I spoke to David your father" and to "dwell among the children of Israel and will not forsake my people Israel" (see 6:12-13)?
October 2 - 1 Kings 7
1) Once the temple was completed, Solomon built his own palace with the "Hall of the Throne." What was the purpose of this hall?
2) After Solomon completed the temple and its furnishings, what did he contribute to the treasuries of the Lord's temple?
October 3 - 1 Kings 8
1) When the priests brought the Ark of the Lord up from Zion, the City of David, to the Most Holy Place within the temple, what was inside of the Ark?
2) In Solomon's prayer of dedication (v. 22-53), what did he most earnestly desire of the Lord:
- Success and riches
- Comfort and security
- Mercy and forgiveness
- Fame and honor
October 4: Discussion Questions
1) What passage uniquely spoke to you this week?
2) What insights did you gain about God?
3) What application might this have to what is happening in the world today
4) How would God have you apply this truth to your life?