Remember the Persecuted
Religious liberty is the freedom to hold beliefs of one’s choice and to live according to those beliefs. While it was foundational to the formation of the United States of America, religious freedom is not merely an American right, but an inherent human right.
Yet the human race currently faces unprecedented religious persecution from governmental and social forces worldwide. In 2016, one or more religious groups were harassed in 187 countries around the world.
Over the last decade, Christians have been harassed in more countries, including the United States, than any other religious group. We do indeed face a worldwide crisis of religious liberty.
We must increase awareness of the expanding threat to religious freedom around the world and the persecution that many Christians are facing. As we grow awareness of this problem we must also increase engagement that will bring tangible help to the persecuted through changes in law and policy.
We hope this page can serve as a resource to bring hope and help to the persecuted.
- They Say We Are Infidels: On the run from ISIS with persecuted Christians in the Middle East – Mindy Belz
- Saving My Assassin – Virginia Prodan
- Open Doors: Persecution and Christianity in the 21st Century – Dr. David Curry
- Religious Liberty and National Security: Opportunities for Secretary Pompeo – Thomas Farr and Robert Destro
- Religious Freedom Day – Tony Perkins, Frank Wolf, Ryan Bomberger, and more
- International Religious Liberty in Crisis: Victims and Consequences – Values Voter Summit 2018
- Religious Freedom and National Security – Travis Weber
- United States Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF)
- Office of International Religious Freedom – U.S. Department of State
- Ministerial to Advance Religious Freedom – U.S. Department of State
- International Religious Freedom Report for 2017 – U.S. Department of State
- Open Doors USA
- Open Doors International
- The Voice of the Martyrs
- Aid to the Church in Need (ACN United States)
- Middle East Concern
- Christian Solidarity Worldwide
- International Christian Concern
- ADF International
- Hardwired Global
- Jubilee Campaign
- The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Free Burma Rangers
- Baptist World Alliance
- Save The Persecuted Christians
- Samaritan’s Purse
- Religious Freedom Institute
- 21st Century Wilberforce Initiative
- Partners International
- Christian Solidarity International (CSI)
- Preemptive Love Coalition