The New Year has dawned -- and we're pushing back against the forces of radical secularism. But I need you to stand with us as we begin 2014.
This is your pledge to stand with Family Research Council (FRC) during 2014 as we work for you in the halls of power to say:
- YES to religious liberty and values, and NO to pushing Christian influence out of government and our national life;
- YES to natural marriage, and NO to destroying marriage and family by redefining it and downgrading it; and,
- YES to constitutional freedom, and NO to government imposition of statism -- that kills the human spirit.
There's far too much at stake to sit on the sidelines and bemoan the fate of our nation.
When you support FRC, you stand with millions of other Americans who share your belief in God's truth. Together we're a powerful voice for pro-family policy and have no reason to despair. I am optimistic that if we do not falter, 2014 will be a turning point for our country!
Consider the U.S. armed forces.
President Obama is advancing those in the high command of officers who subscribe to his "progressive" view of the military, and not those who support the God-and-country tradition that has been part of America's armed forces for over 200 years.
In the new military, chaplains have been censored ... post chapels have been desecrated by same-sex "weddings" ... prayers in the name of Jesus have been banned at military funerals ... same-sex relationships have been not only protected but affirmed ... and the careers of servicemen have been ruined for daring to express their orthodox Christian beliefs.
If the Obama administration has its way, it will soon become a crime under the Uniform Code of Military Justice for any serviceman or woman to share his or her faith -- a crime punishable by a dishonorable discharge, or even worse, imprisonment.
FRC's Executive Vice President, Lt. Gen. (Ret.) Jerry Boykin, has mobilized hundreds of retired and active-duty officers. They are willing to risk their reputations and careers to preserve the long-standing tradition of religious liberty in the military.
FRC has also ...
- Presented senior Air Force officials with hundreds of thousands of petitions to Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel signed by concerned citizens like you, asking him to intervene and protect the religious freedom of America's troops.
- Spearheaded the Restoring Military Religious Freedom Coalition, a group of organizations dedicated to safeguarding First Amendment rights within the military.
- Successfully pushed for legislative action in Congress that would officially protect the religious liberty of America's servicemen and women.
But now, in 2014, much more needs to be done. There is no better way to keep faith with our troops than to support FRC with a generous gift at this critical time.
The attack on people of faith is not limited to the military.
The legacy President Obama wants to leave is a secular America where any form of biblical Christian expression is restricted from the public sphere.
- Under ObamaCare, religious organizations and businesses owned by Christians are being forced to provide insurance plans that cover drugs that can destroy human embryos or face serious fines.
- FEMA recently refused the community of Ocean Grove, New Jersey, the funds needed to rebuild the boardwalk destroyed by Hurricane Sandy. Why? Apparently because of the government's hostility to the Christian foundation of the town.
- The Department of Labor is poised to force employers to provide marital benefits to same-sex couples "married" in states recognizing same-sex "marriage" regardless of their religious faith.
No organization is doing more to stop these assaults on religious liberty than FRC. In fact, I would venture to say that -- because of the prayers and gifts of supporters like you -- FRC is the single greatest roadblock to President Obama's radical agenda.
FRC is always a steadying presence on Capitol Hill as we equip and rally conservative leaders to champion the core issues you and I hold dear. And when necessary, we'll hold elected officials' "feet to the fire" if they get weak-kneed and fail to stand for faith, family, and freedom.
FRC has a network in place to rally tens of thousands of pastors and churches across the country to fulfill their biblical responsibility to speak out against the radical secularism's assault on God and those who serve Him.
We are also the source for timely and accurate information to counter the lies and distortions perpetrated by the shameless media.
There are two ways you can help as FRC faces what could be the most critical year in our organization's 30-year history.
First, pray for all of us at FRC to have the spiritual strength to stand firm despite the powerful forces arrayed against us.
God bless you and God bless America.