Week of January 12
January 13: Genesis 29-30
1) What is the stated reason that God opened the womb of Leah?
2) What was one of the main reasons Laban said he wanted Jacob to stay and continue serving him?
January 14: Genesis 31-33
1) What does the outcome of Laban changing the wages of Jacob 10 times and his efforts to take advantage of Jacob tell us about God’s involvement with our employment?
2) As Jacob wrestled with God, he would not let Him go until God did what? A) declared him the winner B) blessed him C) dislocated his hip D) None of the above
January 15: Genesis 34-36
1) What was Jacob's response to the actions of Simeon and Levi?
2) What actions might Jacob have taken that would have averted the massacre at Shechem?
January 16: Genesis 37-39
1) What made the difference between the lives of Er and Joseph?
2) What were the two trespasses that Judah committed?
January 17: Genesis 40-41
1) Why did Pharaoh select Joseph to oversee the collection and distribution of grain?
2) What is the reason given for the repeating of Pharaoh's dream?
January 18: Genesis 42-44
1) When Joseph's brothers encountered trouble in Egypt, what did they attribute it to?
2) What does this tell us about unconfessed sin?
January 19: Discussion
Suggested discussion questions:
1) What passage uniquely spoke to you this week?
2) What new insight or understanding did you gain from the passage?
3) What application might this have to your life or to what is happening in the world today?
4) How would God have you apply this truth to your life or family?