January 17: Genesis 37-39
1) What made the difference between the lives of Er and Joseph?
2) What were the two trespasses that Judah committed?
January 18: Genesis 40-41
1) Why did Pharaoh select Joseph to oversee the collection and distribution of grain?
2) What is the reason given for the repeating of Pharaoh's dream?
January 19: Genesis 42-44
1) When Joseph's brothers encountered trouble in Egypt, what did they attribute it to?
2) What does this tell us about uanconfessed sin?
January 20: Genesis 45-47
1) What evidence do we see that shows Joseph did not harbor unforgiveness toward his brothers? Who did Joseph say caused him to be sent to Egypt?
2) Listening to God, Jacob took his entire family (children & grandchildren) to Egypt during the famine. While the Egyptians were selling their livestock and land for grain to eat, what happened to Jacob and his family?
January 21: Genesis 48-50
1) What did Joseph tell his brother when their father, Jacob, died?
2) How old was Joseph when he died?
January 22: Job 1-2
1) How did Job come to the attention of Satan?
2) What does the fact that God set limits on what Satan can do tell us about Satan's power?
January 23 Discussion Questions:
1) What passage uniquely spoke to you this week?
2) What new insight or understanding did you gain from the passage?
3) What application might this have to your life or to what is happening in the world today?
4) How would God have you apply this truth to your life or family?