Hans von Spakovsky, Cathy Ruse, Mike Berry, Lydia Gutierrez
By Hans von Spakovsky, Cathy Ruse, Mike Berry, Lydia Gutierrez and Tony Perkins
July 09, 2019
It’s Tuesday, July 9, 2019, and we’re getting ready for another exciting edition of Washington Watch with Tony Perkins, where each day we’re joined by America’s leaders, policy makers, and culture-shapers as we talk about the important issues of the day from a biblical worldview. Listen here live at 5:05 p.m. ET.
Today we’ll hear from:
- Hans von Spakovsky, Senior Legal Fellow at the Heritage Foundation, who called for the U.S. Justice Department to open an investigation against Antifa for their brazen and increasing violence against their political opponents.
- Cathy Ruse, Senior Fellow for Legal Studies at Family Research Council, on the American Psychological Association’s formation of a new Task Force to promote “Consensual Non-Monogamous Relationships,” such as polyamory, “swinging,” and other euphemisms for adultery.
- Mike Berry, Deputy General Counsel and Director of Military Affairs at First Liberty Institute, on the Veterans’ Administration (VA) announcing a nationwide policy to permit religious displays at VA facilities.
- Lydia Gutierrez, Chair of the National Education Association (NEA) Conservative Educators Caucus, who was censured at the NEA convention for standing up for black babies in the womb.
- Show your support for the life of all babies born alive by sending a baby hat to Congress!
- Check out FRC’s new publication, “Born-Alive Abortion Survivors: Just the Facts.”
- Register now for Values Voter Summit, October 11-13!
- Download the STAND FIRM app to never miss another episode of Washington Watch!
- Follow Tony Perkins on Twitter: @tperkins