All of us at the Family Research Council hope that during this wonderful season you and yours have a joy-filled time celebrating the birth of God Incarnate, Jesus of Nazareth, King of kings and Lord of lords.
One of the King’s choice servants is Saeed Abedini, an Idaho pastor who has been held in an Iranian prison since 2012 for refusing to recant his faith in Christ. In an open letter to believers around the world, Pastor Abedini calls on all who love Jesus to be willing to suffer for His sake: “We like Him should come out of our safe zone in order to proclaim the Word of life and salvation through faith in Jesus Christ and the penalty of sin that He paid on the cross and to proclaim his resurrection. We should be able to tolerate the cold, the difficulties and the shame in order to serve God.”
Please join us in praying for Pastor Abedini, his wife and children here in the U.S. and for all being persecuted across the world for standing for “the Word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ” (Revelation 1:2). Open Doors, a respected anti-persecution ministry, notes that “The year 2014 has seen more global persecution of Christians than any other year in recent history.” As we remember the birth of the true “once and future” King, let’s remember them, as well.
Rather than a full-scale Social Conservative Review this week, we end the year by providing some links to articles and op-eds with special significance to Christmas. We’ll resume publication of the Review during the first full week of 2015.
Until then and always, may the grace of the Son Whose conception and birth inaugurated a new kingdom be yours.
Family Research Council
Glory to the Newborn King! Articles and stories for Christmas 2014
- Two Disgraced Women Who Changed the World – The Gospel Coalition
- What Matters Most at Christmas – ChristianHeadlines.com
- Christmas: No Time for Public Expression of Faith? – Russellville, KY News
- Democrat Leader
- With an Intact Family, and Miracles, “It's a Wonderful Life” – ChristianPost.com
- Christmas Joy and Divorce – Family Research Council
- Christmas: Something Greater than the Temple is Here – The Cripplegate
- The Real St. Nicholas – Christian History
- 2014: The Worst Year In Christian Persecution? – Open Doors
- Christmas is Undefeatable – Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Let’s Rethink Our Holly Jolly Christmas Songs – Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission