Weekend Edition - April 28, 2018
By Tony Perkins President
April 27, 2018
On this weekend edition of "Washington Watch with Tony Perkins" Tony broadcasted from Israel as FRC's tour of the Holy Land continued. He was joined by former congresswoman Michele Bachmann and they discussed this week's vote in the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on the nomination of Mike Pompeo for Secretary of State. They also reacted to the Durham, NC City Council's decision to ban training and other forms of exchange between its police department and Israel's military or police. Tony was also joined by Avi Melamed, an expert on the current affairs in the Arab and Muslim world and their impact on Israel and the Middle East. As a former Israeli Intelligence Official, he offered unique insight into making sense of the events unfolding in the region. Also, Family Research Council's very own, Tony Perkins, President of FRC and Washington Watch's host, was in Israel with Pastor Dean Haun of First Baptist Church in Morristown, Tennessee. We'll hear them highlight the Biblical responsibility of Christians to support Israel.
Related Radio Resources:
- View a map of the 1967 demarcation between Israel & the Palestinian Territory
- Get a copy of Avi Melamed's book, Inside the Middle East: Making Sense of the Most Dangerous and Complicated Region on Earth
- Follow Avi Melamed on Twitter
- Read FRC's new publication "Left-Wing Anti-Semitism: The Greatest Campus Threat is Ignored by the SPLC"
- Read and share our publication, Religious Liberty: An Introduction to Our Freedom to Believe
- Check out the FRC Store
- Order your copy of Tony's book, No Fear: Real Stories of a Courageous New Generation Standing for Truth