Your Gift's Impact
- FRC’s Government Affairs team played a significant role in crafting language for the tax reform bill passed by Congress and signed by President Trump in December 2017. The bill increases the per child tax credit to $2,000, removes most marriage penalties, and expands 529 Education Savings Accounts.
- After pressure from FRC, Senator John Kennedy announced his support of Kyle Duncan for the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals in December 2017.
- In October 2017, President Trump rescinded the Obama HHS contraceptive mandate that FRC has fought for years.
- In October 2017, the Department of Justice released a list of 20 principles that will execute President Trump’s order on religious liberty, protecting the freedoms of individuals and organizations.
- In September 2017, President Trump became the first President to speak to the Values Voter Summit.