The incumbent in this position will:
- Direct/run technical aspects of broadcast and webcast events, including:
- Operate audio consoles
- Operate video switcher
- Operate cameras
- When applicable, direct camera operators/call camera shots
- Record events using various recording media
- Operate/monitor webcasts during events
- Set/verify proper lighting
- Support technical aspects of meetings as required, including operating audio consoles, setting up phones, computers/projectors, and videoconferencing equipment, and helping with PowerPoint and video playback.
- Install and connect equipment, including cable runs and audio and video terminations.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment related to broadcast operations.
- Assist video producer in setting up cameras and recording in a studio environment and in remote settings.
- Assist with video editing (Final Cut Pro), and audio editing (ProTools).
- Participate in system design projects.
- Represent FRC in a professional manner while interacting with vendors, guests, and clients.
- Support technical operations at FRC properties and at off-site locations.
- A vibrant and growing Christian faith, as well as a whole-hearted belief in and understanding of the mission of the organization.
- Must have familiarity with how to run video system components including tv/monitors, cabling, cameras, switchers, and recording and editing equipment and software.
- Must have experience with audio systems including digital and analog mixers, microphones, cabling, speaker systems, and recording and editing equipment.
- Must have equipment installation and cable termination experience.
- Must have experience installing and maintaining broadcast equipment.
- Must have experience in both Mac and PC operating systems.
- Experience with ProPresenter highly preferred.
- Experience with broadcast delivery including SRT, RTMP, and video codecs such as LTN and LiveShot preferred.
- Should have experience in composing effective and appealing camera shots.
- Experience with professional lighting for video preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint preferred
- Must have experience installing and maintaining broadcast equipment
This position also requires an undergraduate degree in a related field and three to five years of experience in the A/V arena or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously are essential to success in this position. Strong verbal communication skills required.
Work location: Washington, DC
If you are interested in being considered for this position please submit your ressume, cover letter, and salary expectations to Angela Palmore at email@example.com or fax to 202-393-2134.