Location: Washington, DC Office
This Senior Director of Finance will serve as a primary advisor to the Senior Leadership Team on matters related to finance and accounting. Oversee day-to-day operations of a full range of financial and business services, including budget and finance, accounting, payroll, tax, investment, audit, banking, legal services, insurance, and risk management. Responsible for receipt of $15-$25 million in revenue and expenditures. Oversee performance, management, and reconciliation of investments of $5-$10 million. Serving as financial counsel to the senior leadership team, this position is involved in strategic planning, compliance, forecasting and analysis.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA or CFA preferred; advanced degree also preferred; 7+ years of related work experience also required. An equivalent combination of training and experience would also be acceptable. This position also requires a minimum of 7 years’ experience in managing teams, with an emphasis on building and managing teams performing at a high level. Demonstrated track record as a manager of teams with ability to lead and influence others; grow and nurture team members. Able to delegate responsibilities to maximize team and individual contributions. The ideal candidate will also have:
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines under pressure and in a fast-paced environment. Must have a mindset for execution and implementation. Ability to effectively prioritize and manage competing efforts and deadlines on a continuous basis; Attention to detail and proven ability to follow through.
- Excellent communication skills and the proven ability to build strong collaborative relationships. Willing to be hands-on to develop and coach others in a growing organization.
- Must be independent, self-motivated, goal-oriented, and have a high energy level.
- Able to keep flexible hours (including nights and weekends) and willing and able to travel as needed to oversee financial and business needs of the organization.
- Must have a vibrant and growing Christian faith. Requires a whole-hearted belief in and understanding of the mission and strategic direction of the organization.
If you would like to be considered for this position please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to the FRC Human Resources office at firstname.lastname@example.org.