The Staff Writer/Correspondent communicates and coordinates with the Managing Editor regarding the production and circulation of the FRC aggregate news service. This role reports on news from a biblical, Christian world view. FRC aggregate news service covers national and international current events affecting and involving Christian leaders, churches, and the general Christian public. She/he will provide primary coverage in the execution of the monthly, weekly, or daily publication plan that allows her/him to produce news reports, feature articles and service journalism pieces to communicate the news about and relevant to readers, relating to their workplaces, home lives, and ministries. The Staff Writer/Correspondent also has primary responsibility for promoting FRC aggregate news service materials via social media, including tweeting links and references throughout the day as well as posting items on relevant social media sites. According to the daily schedule established by the Managing Editor, she/he will collect potential headlines and links from other news and information outlets for approval (normally by the Managing Editor to curate on FRC aggregate news service.
- Requires 3+ years of proven work experience in news/magazine writing, preferably digital and a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position requires a strong working knowledge of news issues relevant to the mission of FRC. Preference will be given to applicants with related news media experience and knowledge of pro-family policy issues.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure and in a fast-paced environment without compromising editorial standards. Ability to effectively prioritize and manage competing efforts and deadlines on a continuous basis.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills; Attention to detail and proven ability to follow through; Ability to take initiative and work under deadlines and pressure.
- Excellent communication skills and the proven ability to work collaboratively with others across organizational lines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office - Experience with Word docs and Excel spreadsheets is preferred.
- Excellent ability to analyze complex issues and present them in a compelling, redemptive manner. Ability to tell engaging stories on a wide variety of topics.
- Must be an expert with AP style.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to cultivate necessary contacts and relationships crucial to producing great journalism.
- Must be independent, self-motivated, goal-oriented, and have a high energy level.
- Able to keep flexible hours (including nights and weekends) and willing and able to travel as needed to write the stories that impact the news.
- Must have a vibrant and growing Christian faith. Requires a whole-hearted belief in and understanding of the mission and strategic direction of the organization.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to the FRC Human Resources office at email@example.com if you would like to be considered for this position.