Bible Reading Plan: January 1
January 1: Genesis 1-3
1) What do you think it means that man was created in the "image" of God?
2) According to the instructions given to Adam (mankind) by God, is all of creation, i.e., man, animals, fish, birds, and plants all morally and authoritatively equivalent?
January 2: Genesis 4-5
1) What was the serpent (Satan) doing by asking Eve, "Has God indeed said, 'You shall not eat of every tree of the garden'?"
2) What do you think God was communicating to Cain when He said, "...sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it."
January 3: Genesis 6-9
1) What was the condition of the earth when God declared to Noah that he would destroy it?
2) What was the result of the moral and spiritual corruption that was on the earth?
January 4: Genesis 10-13
1) While God did not approve of the motivation behind the building of the tower of Babel, what did He point to as a key to their achievement?
2) What did God commit to do to those who blessed Abram as God led him out to begin a new nation?
January 5: Discussion
Suggested discussion questions:
1) What passage uniquely spoke to you this week?
2) What insights did you gain about God?
3) What application might this have to what is happening in the world today?
4) How would God have you apply this truth to your life?