Bible Reading Plan: Week of January 5
January 6: Genesis 14-17
1) In these chapters, we read of the first of many problems for Lot as he was carried away captive. What was Lot's first decision that led him down this harmful path?
2) What do you think was motivating Lot to make these choices?
January 7: Genesis 18-19
1) How did Abraham respond to the message that God was going to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah because of the people's sin?
2) What did the men of Sodom accuse Lot of when he appealed to them not to sexually assault the strangers who were staying in Lot's house?
January 8: Genesis 20-22
1) What was at the heart of Abraham telling Abimelech that Sarah was his sister and not his wife?
2) What did God say He would do with Ishmael in response to Hagar's plea?
January 9: Genesis 23-24
1) Who did Abraham's servant (Eliezer) ask for help in finding a wife for Isaac?
2) What qualities or characteristics does the servant pray for, and do we see in the actions of Rebekah?
January 10: Genesis 25-26
1) What does Isaac do that was just like his father?
2) How was it that Isaac became very prosperous?
January 11: Genesis 27-28
1) What, unfortunately, family behavior do we see in this passage?
2) What did this deception do to the family?
January 12: Discussion
Suggested discussion questions:
1) What passage uniquely spoke to you this week?
2) What new insight or understanding did you gain from the passage?
3) What application might this have to your life or to what is happening in the world today?
4) How would God have you apply this truth to your life or family?