Bible Reading Plan: Week of March 9
March 9: Leviticus 24-25
1) Is the law of retaliation that is contained in this passage about personal vengeance or public justice?
2) This passage contains instructions for a sabbath year in which the children of Israel were to allow the land to rest, and they were not to plant or harvest. If they obeyed this instruction, how would they be provided for in the year they did not plant or harvest?
March 10: Leviticus 26-27
1) List two of the benefits the children of Israel would experience for obeying God?
2) Were there consequences for disobeying God? If so, name two of them.
March 11: Numbers 1
1) Who was counted in the census?
2) What tribe was not to be counted in the census?
March 12: Numbers 2-3
1) Were the people able to set up their tents wherever they wanted to establish their camp?
2) Why do you think they were directed to set up by family/tribe?
March 13: Numbers 4-5
1) How specific were the assignments given to those responsible for taking care of the tabernacle and its contents?
2) Why do you think God instructed Moses to be so detailed in his instructions?
March 14: Numbers 6-7
1) Why do you think God told Moses how Aaron was to bless the people?
2) What would you say characterized the gifts of the twelve leaders who brought gifts and offerings for the dedication of the altar?
March 15: Discussion
Suggested discussion questions:
1) What passage uniquely spoke to you this week?
2) What insights did you gain about God?
3) What application might this have to what is happening in the world today?
4) How would God have you apply this truth to your life?