Andy Biggs, Josh Hawley, Seth Barron, Ramona Bessinger, Meg Kilgannon
August 4, 2021
On today's show, hosted by Joseph Backholm:
- Andy Biggs, U.S. Representative for the 5th District of Arizona and chairman of the House Freedom Caucus, discusses President Biden telling GOP governors who oppose mask mandates and other COVID-19 restrictions to “get out of the way,” and Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s extreme abortion agenda.
- Josh Hawley, U.S. Senator from Missouri, talks about why the U.S. Senate should reject the infrastructure “deal.”
- Seth Barron, contributor for the City Journal and managing editor of The American Mind, talks about the implications of New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio mandating COVID vaccine passport for indoor restaurants, gyms, and movie theatres.
- Ramona Bessinger, English teacher in Providence, Rhode Island, shares her story as a teacher who has seen firsthand how critical race theory (CRT) brings division into the classroom.
- Meg Kilgannon, FRC’s senior fellow for education studies, provides tools for fighting Critical Race Theory in classrooms and discusses the deadlock vote in the U.S. Senate Committee on Catherine Lhamon’s nomination to serve as assistant secretary in the Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
- Tell your U.S. Senators to vote against the damaging and expensive infrastructure "deal."
- Tell your U.S. Senators to oppose taxpayer funding of abortion.
- Learn more about FRC’s new Center for Biblical Worldview.
- Take action in Congress and in your state.
- Check out FRC Action’s resource: Tracking the Biden Administration.
- Explore FRC & FRC Action's resources on election integrity.
- Find Washington Watch with Tony Perkins on Liftable TV.
- Connect with Tony on social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Gab.
- Connect with FRC on social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Rumble, Gab, and Parler.
- View individual Washington Watch clips on Rumble and YouTube.
- Subscribe to the Washington Update, a daily email analyzing current events from a biblical worldview.
- Customize your news experience by joining FRC's email lists.
- Stay informed on issues of faith, family, and freedom with the STAND FIRM app! On your mobile browser, visit frc.org/app.