Ross Spano, Eugene Scalia, Garrett Booth, David Closson
May 21, 2020
Today’s show features:
- Ross Spano, U.S. Representative for the 15th district of Florida and Ranking Member of the House Investigations, Oversight & Regulations Subcommittee, on Planned Parenthood illegally obtaining $80 million in coronavirus relief funding, an update on the debate in Congress over coronavirus relief, and his reaction to congressional Democrats complaining that President Trump is defying congressional oversight.
- Eugene Scalia, Secretary of Labor, on new Labor Department guidelines that prohibit the department from discriminating based on religious beliefs, protecting the ability of faith-based organizations to participate in grant programs.
- Garrett Booth, Pastor of Grace Church in Houston, Texas, on FRC’s National Pastors Roundtable earlier today.
- David Closson, FRC’s Director of Christian Ethics and Biblical Worldview, on a survey showing that two-thirds of Americans of all faiths see a message from God in the virus.
- Tony in the Washington Times: “if barbershops, big-box stores and marijuana dispensaries can be allowed to open their doors, so must our houses of worship.”
- Review the ways DHS and DOJ are upholding religious freedom during the coronavirus crisis.
- Take a look at FRC’s COVID-19 resource bank for churches.
- Learn how to protect your children by uncovering the truth about sex education in public schools.
- Explore FRC's Biblical Worldview Series featuring publications on life, religious liberty, and political engagement.
- Review and share the Trump administration accomplishments on life, family, and religious freedom.
- Get the all-new rebuilt STAND FIRM app! On your mobile browser, visit frc.org/app.