Weekend Edition - August 25, 2018
By Tony Perkins President
August 25, 2018
On this weekend edition of "Washington Watch with Tony Perkins," House Majority Leader Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) joined Tony to discuss social media companies censoring conservative users' accounts. President, CEO, and general counsel of Alliance Defending Freedom, Michael Farris, was here to highlight the newest developments in Masterpiece Cakeshop owner Jack Phillips' fight for his religious freedom. Missouri Attorney General Josh Hawley joined Tony to share mounting evidence emerging that social media platforms are censoring conservative users. AG Hawley also weighed in on the potential impact of confirming Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the US Supreme Court. Also, former chairman of USCIRF Daniel Mark joined Tony to react to a New York Times editorial board column titled “A Too-Narrow Vision of Religious Freedom.”
- Follow Rep. McCarthy on Twitter - @GOPLeader
- Follow ADF on Twitter - @AllianceDefends
- Follow AG Hawley on Twitter – @AGJoshHawley
- Follow USCIRF on Twitter - @USCIRF
- Read FRC’s new publication, Why Judge Kavanaugh Should Be Confirmed to the Supreme Court
- Pledge to pray for Pastor Andrew Brunson and his family
- Not registered for this year's Values Voter Summit? Visit the website in order to save your spot!
- Download the STAND FIRM app to never miss another episode of Washington Watch! Visit http://frc.org/app on your mobile browser to download from your phone’s app store.
- Read FRC's new publication, One Year Later: The Impact of President Trump's Executive Order Protecting Religious Liberty
- Read FRC’s new publication, Left-Wing Anti-Semitism: The Greatest Campus Threat is Ignored by the SPLC
- Read and share our publication, Religious Liberty: An Introduction to Our Freedom to Believe
- Check out the FRC Store