Weekend Edition - June 22, 2019
By Tony Perkins President
June 22, 2019
This weekend, we’ll hear from:
- Travis Weber, FRC’s Vice President for Policy and Director of the Center for Religious Liberty, on the Supreme Court victory for religious freedom in the case of American Legion vs. American Humanist Association, in which the Court ruled that a cross-shaped memorial to World War I soldiers in Bladensburg, Maryland did not constitute government endorsement of religion.
- Ted Yoho, U.S. Representative for the 3rd District of Florida, on Bernie Sanders’ speech at George Washington University trying to defend “democratic socialism.”
- Brad Dacus, President of Pacific Justice Institute, who is defending a private Christian boarding school that was raided earlier this year by the state of California. The raid was prompted by a 10-year-old internet rumor and when the search didn't turn up anything, the state doubled down and has attacked the school's religious teachings -- saying the school has to either renounce its Biblical teachings on sexuality or shut down entirely.
- Read Travis Weber’s analysis of American Legion v. American Humanist Association at SCOTUSblog
- Show your support for the life of all babies born alive by sending a baby hat to Congress!
- Check out FRC’s new publication, “Born-Alive Abortion Survivors: Just the Facts.”
- Register now for Values Voter Summit, October 11-13!
- Download the STAND FIRM app to never miss another episode of Washington Watch!
- Follow Tony Perkins on Twitter: @tperkins