Travis Weber, John Stemberger, Robert Oscar Lopez, John Kluge, Ros Stovall
By Mr. Travis Weber, John Stemberger, Robert Oscar Lopez, John Kluge, Ros Stovall and Tony Perkins
June 20, 2019
On the Thursday, June 20, 2019 edition of Washington Watch with Tony Perkins, we heard from:
- Travis Weber, FRC’s Vice President for Policy and Director of the Center for Religious Liberty, on the Supreme Court opinion handed down today in the case of American Legion vs. American Humanist Association, in which the Court rule that a cross-shaped memorial to World War I soldiers in Bladensburg, Maryland did not constitute government endorsement of religion.
- John Stemberger, Board Chair of Trail Life USA, on a Pennsylvania Trail Life troop that was denied a tour of a National Guard facility because of their Christian beliefs until the National Guard was threatened with a constitutional lawsuit.
- Robert Oscar Lopez, Professor of Humanities at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, who was raised by his mother and her lesbian partner, who warns of the dangers facing children raised by same-sex couples.
- John Kluge, a music teacher and wrongly fired from Brownsburg Community School in Indiana for objecting to a new policy that required him to address students struggling with their gender identities by their first name of choice instead of their given name, and Ros Stovall, a lawyer with Alliance Defending Freedom, who is representing Kluge in a lawsuit against Brownsburg Community School, claiming that their transgender policy violated his First Amendment religious liberty.
- Check out, “A Parent’s Guide to the Transgender Movement in Education.”
- Show your support for the life of all babies born alive by sending a baby hat to Congress!
- Check out FRC’s new publication, “Born-Alive Abortion Survivors: Just the Facts.”
- Register now for Values Voter Summit, October 11-13!
- Download the STAND FIRM app to never miss another episode of Washington Watch!
- Follow Tony Perkins on Twitter: @tperkins