Josh Youssef, Badr Rhomri, Travis Weber, Bassam Ishak
On this special edition of Washington Watch to observe the International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church, we highlight persecution in several regions of the world and tell the stories of persecuted believers. Over 245 million Christians live in places where they experience high levels of persecution. In just the last year, over 4,000 Christians have been killed for their faith. What are we to do? For Christians it begins with a call to prayer on behalf of those who are being persecuted for their faith in Jesus Christ.
Our guests include:
- Josh Youssef, President and CEO of Help the Persecuted, and Badr Rhomri, a convert to Christianity from a Muslim background, to discuss how anti-conversion laws are antithetical to true religious freedom. Badr shares how American Christians can pray for the persecuted around the globe.
- Travis Weber, FRC’s Vice President for Policy and Government Affairs and Director of the Center for Religious Liberty, on the increasing persecution Christians face around the world, particularly in China.
- Bassam Ishak, Co-Chair of the Syrian Democratic Council, to discuss the risk to religious minorities in Northeast Syria following Turkey’s invasion.
- Watch videos and download resources for the International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church – Sunday, November 3.
- Learn more about the important work of Help The Persecuted.
- Get your copy of Pastor Andrew Brunson’s book, “God’s Hostage: A True Story of Persecution, Imprisonment, and Perseverance.”
- Watch the sessions from Values Voter Summit 2019 in Washington, D.C., including Tony’s interview with Andrew and Norine Brunson.
- Watch the powerful testimony of Ji Hyeon-A, a North Korean defector and follower of Jesus Christ.
- Download the STAND FIRM app to never miss another episode of Washington Watch.