Scott Perry, Shawn Steel, Lela Gilbert, Travis Weber
May 14, 2020 - complete program
Today’s show features:
- Scott Perry, U.S. Representative for the 10th district of Pennsylvania, on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s $3 trillion coronavirus bill.
- Shawn Steel, Former Chair of the Republican Party of California, on what is behind the GOP win in the California special congressional election.
- Lela Gilbert, FRC’s Senior Fellow for International Religious Freedom, on the increasing persecution of Christians in Nigeria and the efforts to secure the release of Leah Sharibu, a captive of Boko Haram who turns 17 years old today – her third birthday in captivity.
- Travis Weber, FRC’s Vice President for Policy and Government Affairs, on the growing number of churches filing lawsuits in a bid to reopen and the latest on the 9th Circuit ruling in favor of a church forced to pay for abortion.
- Read more about Leah Sharibu and the Christian genocide in Nigeria.
- Read Tony’s op-ed on why religious liberty means COVID-19 restrictions cannot target churchgoers.
- Read Tony’s op-ed on the ways DHS and DOJ are upholding religious freedom during the coronavirus crisis.
- Read FRC’s resource, “Guidelines for Reopening Your Church.”
- Take a look at FRC’s COVID-19 resource bank for churches.
- Explore FRC's Biblical Worldview Series featuring publications on life, religious liberty, and political engagement.
- Review and share the Trump administration accomplishments on life, family, and religious freedom.
- Get the all-new rebuilt STAND FIRM app! On your mobile browser, visit frc.org/app.