Jeremy Barker, Liz Murrill, Bob Good, David Closson
August 20, 2021
On today's show, hosted by Joseph Backholm:
- Jeremy Barker, Senior Program Officer and Director of the Middle East Action Team for the Religious Freedom Institute, discusses President Biden’s speech regarding the evacuations in Afghanistan and the implications of the situation in Afghanistan for religious freedom.
- Liz Murrill, Louisiana Solicitor General, praises the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals for upholding a Texas law banning dismemberment abortions.
- Bob Good, U.S. Representative for the 5th District of Virginia, talks about his newly introduced Teleabortion Prevention Act.
- David Closson, Director of FRC's Center for Biblical Worldview, shares what a recent survey found to be the most seductive, but unbiblical, beliefs Americans embrace and what the Democrats’ efforts to eliminate the Hyde Amendment say about their worldview.
- Read the joint op-ed by Tony Perkins and Travis Weber, “The sobering religious freedom lesson of Afghanistan.”
- Join us in prayer for the people of Afghanistan.
- Tell your U.S. Senator to oppose taxpayer funding of abortion by visiting frcaction.org/savehyde!
- Learn more about FRC’s new Center for Biblical Worldview.
- Take action in Congress and in your state.
- Check out FRC Action’s resource: Tracking the Biden Administration.
- Explore FRC & FRC Action's resources on election integrity.
- Find Washington Watch with Tony Perkins on Liftable TV.
- Connect with Tony on social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Gab.
- Connect with FRC on social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Rumble, Gab, and Parler.
- View individual Washington Watch clips on Rumble and YouTube.
- Subscribe to the Washington Update, a daily email analyzing current events from a biblical worldview.
- Customize your news experience by joining FRC's email lists.
- Stay informed on issues of faith, family, and freedom with the STAND FIRM app! On your mobile browser, visit frc.org/app.