FRC supports the right of health care professionals and organizations who have conscientious objections to reject participation in or cooperation with the delivery and marketing of abortion or abortifacients, sterilization, contraception, embryo-destroying research or treatments, or euthanasia. Neither the state nor professional licensing bodies can be permitted to impose treatment or referral mandates which violate this right of conscience. In addition to this "provider's" right of conscience, any reform of our country's health insurance system should also include a "subscriber's" right of conscience, whereby those purchasing or enrolling in health insurance have the freedom to choose health plans in which their premium dollars will not be used to subsidize procedures or practices to which they have moral objections.
- FRC Resources Responding to HHS Mandate
- FRC submission on HHS Contraceptive Mandate
- FRC Comments on HHS Conscience Protection Amendments
- FRC Exhibits Regarding Conscience Protection
- HHS Conscience Comments
- Let Your Conscience be Your Guide by William L. Saunders, J.D.
- Conscience Protection in Health & Human Services by Michael Fragoso and William L. Saunders, J.D.