Family Research Council recognizes and respects the inherent dignity of every human life from conception (whether by natural or artificial means) until death. FRC desires to help build a culture of life, holding that all human life is a gift to be treasured. The life of every human being is an intrinsic good, not something whose value is conditional upon its usefulness to others or to the state.
Threats to human life include abortion, euthanasia, and many new forms of biotechnology. However, human beings need not prove their moral worth by demonstrating sentience, or self-awareness, or a certain level of cognitive ability. Neither scientific progress nor the desire to help others can justify the sacrifice of any human being's life or inherent dignity. Every human being, born or unborn, deserves the equal protection of the law.
Few things touch on the sanctity of human life more than the practice of abortion. A pregnancy should not simply be "terminated," as if it were something impersonal and problematic and it cannot be without physical and emotional consequences. A child in the womb is a distinct, developing, wholly human being, and each time a mother decides or a father pressures to end such a life it is a profound tragedy. Abortion harms the mother as well, and deprives society of the gifts of the unborn.
Nevertheless, our laws rarely recognize this, and so FRC uses various media to present the intrinsic dignity of unborn human life and the costs of abortion to the public, to lawmakers, and to the courts. The Roe v. Wade decision of the U.S. Supreme Court, declaring abortion to be a constitutional "right," was without foundation in the text of the Constitution and thus was wrongly decided, and we look forward to the day when this grave error will be corrected.
- Q&A on the Abortion Facility Regulations Decision in Whole Woman’s Health v. Hellerstedt by FRC
- The FDA Adopts the Abortion Industry Standards for the Mifeprex® (RU-486) Abortion Regimen by Chris Gacek and Arina Grossu
- Investigating Planned Parenthood and Research Using Aborted Babies by Arina Grossu
- Abortion in ObamaCare – This resource features an interactive map of the United States with information on which states do and do not cover abortion under ObamaCare.
- On Children, China, America, and Abortion by Rob Schwarzwalder
- What Science Reveals About Fetal Pain by Arina Grossu
- Abortion: A Wound in America’s Conscience by Bob Morrison
- The Real Planned Parenthood: Leading the Culture of Death – 2017 Edition by Family Research Council
- In Brief: What Science Reveals about Fetal Pain by Arina Grossu
- Population, Abortion and Food by Rob Schwarzwalder
- Webcast: Inhuman: Undercover in America's Late-term Abortion Industry
- Family Policy Lecture: GO Serve Women, GO Save Lives, GO Share Jesus: A Paradigm Shift in the Fight to End Abortion
- 40 Years after Roe v. Wade: Six women reflect on tragedy and hope.
- America's Abortion Provider: What Everyone Should Know About Planned Parenthood by Jeanne Monahan
- The 'Hard Cases' Abortion: A Pro-life Response [Brochure]
- Pregnancy Resource Center Report
- Planned Parenthood--What Every Parent, Teacher, Woman, Community Leader and Elected Official Needs to Know by Jeanne Monahan
- Pro-Life Arguments for Secular Audiences by Cathy Ruse
- Politicized Science: The Manipulated Approval of RU-486 and Its Dangers to Women's Health by Christopher M. Gacek, J.D., Ph.D.
- Fetal Pain: Can Unborn Children Feel Pain in the Womb? by Ashley Morrow Fragoso
- Myth and Fact: The Truth About Ella and How It Works by Jeanne Monahan
- The Top Ten Myths About Abortion by William L. Saunders, J.D. [Brochure]
- Partial-Birth Abortion on Trial by Cathy Ruse, J.D., and William L. Saunders, J.D. [Brochure]
- Amicus Brief: Ayotte v. Planned Parenthood