WASHINGTON, D.C. – Family Research Council’s Center for Human Dignity has published a new Issue Analysis titled “Investigating Planned Parenthood and Research Using Aborted Babies.” Authored by Center Director Arina Grossu, the purpose of this study is to investigate Planned Parenthood’s abortion practices and its harvesting of aborted babies’ organs. These findings synthesize what is publically known about Planned Parenthood, its harvesting of aborted baby parts, the operations of biotech companies involved in this industry, and its end-use consumers, including National Institutes of Health (NIH) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) taxpayer-funded programs.
Planned Parenthood performs about 30 percent of all abortions in the United States.
Findings in the Issue Analysis include:
- Data on how many Planned Parenthood facilities perform medication and surgical abortion.
- Data on how many Planned Parenthood facilities perform surgical abortions up to a certain period of pregnancy.
- Synthesized data on state abortion limits.
- Analysis on Planned Parenthood’s 20 affiliates that have participated in harvesting programs in the past five years using aborted babies. Where available, primary source documents are linked that tie specific Planned Parenthood affiliates with biotech companies and end-use consumers.
- A listing of states where Planned Parenthood investigations have occurred and states where defunding efforts are taking place.
- A listing of all of the congressional investigations of Planned Parenthood.
- A listing of biotech companies that act as middlemen in the sale of procured baby parts, linking them to end consumers.
Commenting on the study, Grossu said:
“This issue analysis is a must-have resource for every American concerned about Planned Parenthood’s blatant disregard for human life and its corporate partners that benefit off the sale of aborted babies’ organs. We are shedding light not just on Planned Parenthood’s appalling business practices, but also on their corporate and academic allies which benefit from baby organ harvesting.
“This research is a starting point in the investigation of Planned Parenthood’s activities and the involvement of taxpayer funds. Involved parties must be investigated, and wherever violations of the law are found, they must be prosecuted to the full extent of all applicable federal and state laws. The investigation must look into possible violations of current laws against the sale of baby parts, performing partial birth abortions, and killing babies born alive after abortion. This is especially true of Planned Parenthood affiliates that are or were involved in the harvesting and sale of baby parts, biotech companies which sell aborted baby parts, and end consumers which are often funded with taxpayer money to do research for federal entities such as the NIH and FDA,” concluded Grossu.
The full issue analysis can be found here: http://www.frc.org/plannedparenthoodinvestigation