Family Research Council recognizes and respects the inherent dignity of every human life from conception (whether by natural or artificial means) until death. FRC desires to help build a culture of life, holding that all human life is a gift to be treasured. The life of every human being is an intrinsic good, not something whose value is conditional upon its usefulness to others or to the state.
Threats to human life include abortion, euthanasia, and many new forms of biotechnology. However, human beings need not prove their moral worth by demonstrating sentience, or self-awareness, or a certain level of cognitive ability. Neither scientific progress nor the desire to help others can justify the sacrifice of any human being's life or inherent dignity. Every human being, born or unborn, deserves the equal protection of the law.
Few things touch on the sanctity of human life more than the practice of abortion. A pregnancy should not simply be "terminated," as if it were something impersonal and problematic and it cannot be without physical and emotional consequences. A child in the womb is a distinct, developing, wholly human being, and each time a mother decides or a father pressures to end such a life it is a profound tragedy. Abortion harms the mother as well, and deprives society of the gifts of the unborn.
Nevertheless, our laws rarely recognize this, and so FRC uses various media to present the intrinsic dignity of unborn human life and the costs of abortion to the public, to lawmakers, and to the courts. The Roe v. Wade decision of the U.S. Supreme Court, declaring abortion to be a constitutional "right," was without foundation in the text of the Constitution and thus was wrongly decided, and we look forward to the day when this grave error will be corrected.
- Respecting the Unborn through Fetal Dignity Laws by Katherine Beck Johnson
- Biblical Principles for Pro-Life Engagement: Personhood, Scripture, and Church History by David Closson
- Born-Alive Abortion Survivors: Just the Facts by Patrina Mosley and Connor Semelsberger
- Title X Rule Changes Protect the Unborn and Increase Health Care Options by Connor Semelsberger and Patrina Mosley
- The Real Planned Parenthood: Leading the Culture of Death – 2019 Edition by Family Research Council
- Top 10 Myths About Abortion by Ingrid Skop, M.D.
- California's Campus Abortion Mandate is Bad Model Legislation by Patrina Mosley
- Planned Parenthood is Not Pro-Woman by Patrina Mosley
- Dismemberment Abortion by Patrina Mosley
- Is Late-Term Abortion Ever Necessary? by Mary L. Davenport, M.D.
- The Link Between Pornography, Sex Trafficking, and Abortion by Arina Grossu and Sean Maguire
- Prohibiting Trafficking of Baby Body Parts and Federal Funding for Fetal Tissue Research from Induced Abortions by Arina Grossu
- Will California Turn Dorm Rooms into Abortion Rooms? by Patrina Mosley (June 2019)
- In a Post-Abortion America, the Pro-Life Movement Must Prepare to Change Attitudes toward Adoption by Dan Hart (June 2019)
- Democratic state legislators surprise on life by Matt Carpenter (May 2019)
- What Happens to a Child Born-alive? The Media Won’t Tell Us. by Patrina Mosley (May 2019)
- FDA Confirms Dangerous Mifeprex Abortion Pill Has Killed 24 Women, Injured Thousands by Patrina Mosley (April 2019)
- New competition for Title X funds means women no longer have to go to abortion clinics for healthcare by Patrina Mosley (April 2019)
- Let’s Celebrate The ‘Love Chromosome’ On World Down Syndrome Day by Patrina Mosley (March 2019)
- The Best Pro-Life Arguments for Secular Audiences by Cathy Ruse and Rob Schwarzwalder
- What Science Reveals About Fetal Pain – 2017 Edition by Arina Grossu
- Investigating Planned Parenthood and Research Using Aborted Babies by Arina Grossu
- Abortion: A Wound in America’s Conscience by Bob Morrison
- The Equal Rights Argument for Fetal Personhood - Josh Brahm
- Rescuing Mothers and Children from Abortion Using Cutting-Edge Technology and Data - Brian Fisher
- Giving a Voice to the Voiceless: The Role of Film and Media in Equipping Churches to Pro-Life Action - Panel discussion
- Keeping My Promise to America's 'Abortion King' - Terry Beatley
- Abortion Worldwide Report: 100 Countries, 1 Century, 1 Billion Babies - Panel discussion
- The Link Between Pornography, Sex Trafficking, and Abortion - Arina Grossu
- Testimony by Travis Weber in Support of Title X Protect Life Rule - June 18, 2019
- Testimony by Patrina Mosley in Support of Maryland House Bill 975 - March 8, 2019
- Q&A on the Abortion Facility Regulations Decision in Whole Woman’s Health v. Hellerstedt by FRC
- The FDA Adopts the Abortion Industry Standards for the Mifeprex® (RU-486) Abortion Regimen by Chris Gacek and Arina Grossu
- Abortion in ObamaCare – This resource features an interactive map of the United States with information on which states do and do not cover abortion under ObamaCare.
- On Children, China, America, and Abortion by Rob Schwarzwalder
- In Brief: What Science Reveals about Fetal Pain by Arina Grossu
- Population, Abortion and Food by Rob Schwarzwalder
- Webcast: Inhuman: Undercover in America's Late-term Abortion Industry
- America's Abortion Provider: What Everyone Should Know About Planned Parenthood by Jeanne Monahan
- The 'Hard Cases' Abortion: A Pro-life Response [Brochure]
- Pregnancy Resource Center Report
- Fetal Pain: Can Unborn Children Feel Pain in the Womb? by Ashley Morrow Fragoso
- Myth and Fact: The Truth About Ella and How It Works by Jeanne Monahan