Click here to subscribe to the Social Conservative Review.
FRC is blessed to have classes of interns composed of some of the finest, brightest, most promising young men and women in America.
They come from every size and type of college and university, and work on every facet of the public policy issues we address here at the Family Research Council. Whether in doing analysis for our Marriage and Religion Research Institute, research for our pro-life initiatives, supporting our Government Affairs department, or advancing FRC's message in the media, their contributions are important and their work is substantive.
Many of them are talented writers whose additions to the FRC Blog and publications in newspapers of all kinds help showcase not only their talent but their deep commitment to faith, family, and freedom. Here are some of their recent articles:
- Haley Halverson (Hillsdale College) has written a moving piece on her family's adoption of her brother Eli in, "Adoption Made Me Love Superman."
- Rachel Del Guidice of the University of Akron offers a powerful description of the value of religious liberty in, "Keeping the Freedom Fire Ignited."
- Emma Vinton, also of Hillsdale, shared a wonderful reflection on how her Dad has shown her the love of a Heavenly Father in a piece titled simply, "Our Father."
- Connor Headrick (Louisiana College) charges Christians to stand strong for the truth in "Finding a Firm Foundation."
- Bob Jones University's Elizabeth Folger discusses the importance of sexual abstinence in, "Why Avoid Sexual Risk?."
- Regent Law School's James Wheeler ranks first in his class. He discusses the recent Hobby Lobby decision in, "Burwell v. Hobby Lobby: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly."
- And Liberty University's Hannah Solem writes about Planned Parenthood's desperate, irreverent effort to "Use God to Boost Abortion Sales."
To learn more about FRC's internship program, visit our Internship page and share your interest with us.
Senior Vice President
Family Research Council
P.S. Join U.S. Rep. Andy Harris, M.D. (R-Md.) and our own Dr. David Prentice for a noontime lecture, "Human Cloning and Bioethics: Restoring Ethics in a Crazy World" on July 17. Register to attend or watch online, both at no charge, here.
Human Dignity and the Sanctity of Life
- "Blumenthal Pro-Abortion Bill Step to Dark Ages,"Family Research Council
- "Free Contraception v. the Constitution," Commentary Magazine
- "Upset about Hobby Lobby ruling? Text Planned Parenthood," Live Action News
- "Pro-Life Congresswoman Shows Ultrasound in Senate Hearing," LifeNews.com
Euthanasia/End of Life Issues
- "Assisted dying is the final triumph of market capitalism," The Guardian
- "Assisted dying: Church of England seeks inquiry," BBC News
- "How We Portray Suffering and Suicide," First Things
Stem Cells and Biotechnology
- "'Designer' Babies Are Only for the Rich," The Daily Beast
- "Human cells' protein factory has an alternate operating manual," Phys.org
- "Researchers regrow corneas using adult human stem cells," Fox News
- "Stem Cell Therapy in Cardiovascular Disease: Past Obstacles and Promising New Directions," Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News
Marriage & Family
- "Student Debt and the Value of an Education," The Acton Institute
- "More Pushback: Tennessee Quits Common Core Aligned Test," The Daily Signal
- "2014 Schooling in America Survey: Perspectives on School Choice, Common Core, and Standardized Testing," Friedman Foundation for Educational Choice
- "Astorino starts 'Stop Common Core' ballot line," PressConnects.com
- "The Perfect Family," Not Alone
- "Saying Yes to Family is Saying Yes to the World," The Gospel Coalition
- "Honor your father and mother," Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission
- "A Bit Of Religion Can Be Bad For Marriage," The Federalist
- "Is Feminine Modesty About Sex?," DesiringGod
- "Modesty: I Don't Think it Means What You Think Means," Qideas.org
- "A majority of young adults are having kids outside marriage. Why that hurts kids' futures," The Daily Signal
- "Good Sex Comes to Those Who Wait?" Christianity Today
Homosexuality and Same-Sex "Marriage"
- "Faring well? Convenient findings about same-sex parenting," MercatorNet
- "Do Evangelical Churches Have to Accept Gay Marriage to Attract Millennials?," The Christian Post
- "Children of same-sex couples are happier and healthier than peers, research shows," The Washington Post
- "Is there a Rational Legal Basis for Traditional Marriage?," Crisis Magazine
- "Pornolescence," Challies.com
- "Why Thousands Of Young Men Are Giving Up Pornography In 2014," Esquire
- "Why Google's new anti-porn policy is such a big deal," Relevant Magazine
- "We May Be Approaching Peak Porn," The Federalist
- "Drug Cartels And The Allure Of Human Trafficking," The Acton Institute
- "INFOGRAPHIC Human Sex Trafficking: An Online Epidemic," PornHarms.com
- "Human Traffickers Are Asking HHS for Immigrant Children," National Review Online
- "Church, State, and Human Trafficking," The Public Discourse
- "Supreme Court: Government Can't Make People Into Religious Hypocrites," The Federalist
- "A chilling new front in the war on religious liberty," DennyBurk.com
- "Justice Sotomayor Misses the Mark: Religious Non-Profits Should Prevail," The Public Discourse
- "What the Supreme Court did (and didn't do) to religious freedom last week," MercatorNet
Religion in Public Life
- "A Sexual Revolution for Young Evangelicals? No.," National Review Online
- "Evangelicals and Cities: A Discussion in Need of Clarity," The Gospel Coalition
- "Forsaken Faith," Eternal Perspective Ministries
- "Is Evangelical morality still acceptable in America?," The FedSoc Blog
International Religious Liberty
- "One Very Small Life In The Big World Of Religious Violence," The Acton Institute
- "Their Blood Cries Out," Books and Culture
- "Christianity on the Rise Amid Persecution," CatholicVote.org
- "When Christians killed and why Muslim violence continues," Baptist Press
Other important articles
- "The Constitution Isn't a Liberal Or Conservative Document," The Daily Signal
- "Socially-Conscious Businesses And The 'Dirty 100′," The Acton Institute
- "A 'do-nothing Congress'?," The Hill
- "Millennials' Political Views Don't Make Any Sense," The Atlantic