If only the parents would keep quiet and get out of the way, then the LGBT activists and their friends in government could do what they want with our schools and our children.
That is the attitude confronting parents in Fairfax County, Va., one of the largest school systems in the country with 187,000 students. And the chief force aligned against parents and children is their own elected school board.
The Fairfax County School Board has been controlled by liberals for decades, by outsize margins. The School Board has grown so accustomed to ignoring the appeals made by those outside their political party that today they feel quite free to make policy changes without any pretext of compromise and with no respect for the views of parents.
Lately they have pushed controversial gender identity politics into every corner of the public school experience in Fairfax County: re-writing the Student Rights and Responsibilities handbook, changing the sex ed curriculum, changing categories of discrimination, pushing inappropriate sex surveys for kids, etc.
Well, Fairfax parents have had enough.
A large and well-organized group of parent activists have come together to fight the Board. They’ve created a resource designed to inform and empower parents about the Gender Identity policies facing Fairfax families as children return to school.
By completing five simple actions, parents in Fairfax County can add their voices to the chorus to promote common sense, safety, and privacy.
Specifically, the resource presents step-by-step instructions to:
- Decline to Sign the Student Rights and Responsibilities (SR&R) Handbook (forcing acceptance of gender identity politics).
- Protect children from Guidance, Health, and other lessons that include Gender Identity instruction by demanding an opt out.
- Opt children out of the newly revised, needlessly explicit, and age inappropriate Family Life Education (FLE) program.
- Opt children out of the Youth/Sex Survey that educational bureaucrats use to justify the inclusion of explicit content in curricula for younger and younger grades.
- Voice opposition to the controversial, nontransparent transgender Policy 1450.
The LGBT school agenda will reach your system sooner or later, so this resource is important for all parents.