Here are “The 7” top trending items at FRC over the past seven days:
1. Washington Update: “Rushmore and the Two-Faced Left”
The Left’s idea of justice divides. Their idea of equality silences. If we can't unite around our common identity as Americans, what is there?
2. Washington Update: “This Fourth of July, Do Law and the Constitution Still Matter?”
The Fourth of July is a time we rejoice in our liberty and remember those who won our freedoms at great cost. Yet underlying these things is a foundation that must remain strong—It’s the rule of law.
3. Blog: “Our Founders Were Flawed, But Our Founding Ideals Endure”
The moral failings of our Founders don’t automatically invalidate the ideals they claimed to espouse. Truth is truth, regardless of human behavior. But how do we know if the ideals they wrote about are true?
4. Blog: “Befriending Our Opponents: A Tale of Two Presidents”
Amid the current political divisions gripping our nation, it’s difficult to find close friendships between people with opposing viewpoints. But what if forming genuine relationships with those on the other side could make our nation better?
5. Washington Watch: Sen. Mike Lee describes his frustration at Senate Dems refusing to condemn mob violence
Mike Lee, U.S. Senator from Utah, joined Tony Perkins to discuss his resolution condemning mob violence, and also on President Donald Trump's speech at Mount Rushmore.
6. Washington Watch: Sec. Mike Pompeo explains the effort to discourage U.S. companies from using China's forced laborers
Mike Pompeo, U.S. Secretary of State, joined Tony Perkins to discuss the Chinese Communist party imposing forced sterilization and abortions on Uyghurs and other minorities, and the State Department issuing an advisory discouraging U.S. companies from doing business with human rights violators.
7. Washington Watch: Todd Gilbert warns America that the Left is coming for anyone who cares about freedom & godly values
Todd Gilbert, Delegate representing the 15th district in the Virginia House of Delegates, joined Tony Perkins to discuss Virginia officials ordering the removal of an American flag from a construction site ahead of the Fourth of July.
For more from FRC, visit our website at frc.org, our blog at frcblog.org, our Facebook page, Twitter account, and Instagram account. Get the latest on what FRC is saying about the current issues of the day that impact the state of faith, family, and freedom, both domestically and abroad. Check out “The 7” at the end of every week to get our highlights of the week’s trending items. Have a great weekend!