The family is the great generator, and the intact family the greatest generator, of human capital (knowledge, attitudes, skills and habits of the individual), and of much financial savings and capital as well. The vast majority of small businesses (out of which eventually grow the large businesses of the nation) begin as family businesses, started on the savings of family and relatives, and on the human capital formed by parental investment in the education of children.
The principle of fairness applies to the tax treatment of the family: it should get the same deductions as business does in the tax code for similar investments in human capital. Further, per-child tax breaks are important in encouraging the birth of children not only for the solvency of Social Security and Medicare but also to ensure the well formed workforce needed by modern economies. FRC also believes that the two-worker parent family should not be favored (as it presently is) over the family with one parent at home raising the children, nor that the public school parent should be fiscally favored over the private school parent or the home school parent, especially as these two deliver superior outcomes.
- The Supreme Court Has A Chance to Defend Property and Patent Rights by Ken Blackwell (November 2017)
- Stopping Obama’s Time Bomb: The First Tax Increase of the Trump Era by Ken Blackwell (November 2017)
- A Good Society Depends on Hospitality, Order, and Justice by Rob Schwarzwalder
- The Economy, Your Family, and the Political Left by Rob Schwarzwalder
- The State of Your Family's Economy, 2015 by Rob Schwarzwalder
- Ten Counterintuitive Thoughts about the Economy and Your Family by Rob Schwarzwalder
- Social Justice: How Good Intentions Undermine Justice and Gospel by E. Calvin Beisner
- Hunger, Plenty, and Population by Rob Schwarzwalder
- Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance: The Single Largest Tax Subsidy in the Federal Budget
- Family Coverage
- Repairers of the Breach: How the Conservative Movement Can Help Restore America's Inner Cities - Robert L. Woodson
- Free Indeed: The Biblical View of Freedom and its Economic, Political and Religious Implications - Rev. Dr. Art Lindsley
- The Crushing Burden of Student Loans on Family Formation for Generation X+
- Repealing Death Tax Will Create Jobs and Boost Economy
- Repealing Death Tax Will Create Jobs and Boost Economy by Patrick Fagan, Ph.D. and Palmer Schoening
- What is So Distinctive about Massachusetts Health Care Reforms?