According to the latest undercover video of CEO Jack Dorsey from Project Veritas, Twitter plans to censor even more conservatives. "This is going to be much bigger than just one account [Donald Trump's, which they permanently suspended], and it's going to go on for much longer than just this day, this week, and the next few weeks, and go beyond the inauguration... I don't believe this is going away anytime soon," said Dorsey.
This revelation comes just days after Twitter lectured Uganda about the danger of blocking social media ahead of its elections. Apparently, they think they are the only ones allowed to silence dissent.
It's not like we didn't see this coming. Conservatives have been warning about big tech's penchant for censorship for years. Still, the sheer brazenness of Twitter's hypocrisy is astounding. In fact, not even their falling stock (which stock has lost more than 15 percent of its value since January 4) seems to shake their resolve to bury conservatives for good.
It looks like conservatives are finally fed up with Twitter enough to leave. But no sooner had they found an alternative in the social media app Parler than Amazon, followed by all their other vendors, kicked them to the curb. If a corporation, or several, can wield the power to strangle their competitors in their sleep how is that not an unacceptable monopoly or cartel?
No one knows yet whether Parler will ever return. Meanwhile, here at Family Research Council, we've decided to be pro-active about making sure big tech censorship can't totally strangle us. Already, multiple tech vendors left us hanging in the wind by canceling contracts at critical moments.
Let me be clear. We will NEVER stop striving to make the truth heard. So, if you ever find that Family Research Council has gone dark, then look for us to speak out on another platform. Here's how to (possibly) find us: first, as long as we can, we will publish content on YouTube, Facebook, and now, Rumble. Second, text the word "Stand" to 67742 to receive updates directly to your phone. If we're cut off, we'll alert you. Third, you can listen to our radio program online or via the Stand Firm app, which (so far) you can find in the Google and Apple online stores. If Parler ever returns, we'll be there, too.
I never would have thought I'd have to issue a notice like that. These are dark times indeed. In light of that, please join me in setting aside this Sunday to pray for our nation. Here are seven things to pray for:
1) Pray for the unity of our nation, not a false unity, but a unity based one truth.
2) Pray for the Lord to confuse and confound the plans of those who operate counter to the truth.
3) Pray that the church (followers of Jesus) would be the light of the world.
4) Pray that our federal government leaders would recognize, understand, and yield to the truth.
5) Pray that state legislatures will take up their responsibility to review state election systems and expose any corruption or manipulation.
6) Pray that God's people would resolve to stand firm and unwavering in the power of God's might.
7) Pray for the leaders in the church and its members, that we would demonstrate the love of Christ to our neighbors and to one another.
Let's be encouraged that God can see the big picture, and He's doing something we can't understand. Meanwhile, we are called to simply be faithful and testify to the truth. For those of you within driving distance of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, I'll be preaching on how the church should respond to these tumultuous times at Jefferson Baptist Church in both morning services (8:30 and 11:00 a.m.).