Mary Beth Waddell
Senior Legislative Assistant
Mary Beth Waddell serves as the Senior Legislative Assistant for Family Research Council. Under the direction of the Vice President for Government, she develops FRC's work with legislators and federal agencies on religious liberty and family issues. Beyond lobbying and tracking legislation related to her portfolio, she also writes and edits articles, op-eds, reports, press releases, and fact sheets.
Prior to joining FRC, she worked for Congressman Joseph R. Pitts and the Senate Judiciary Committee. Mary Beth holds a Juris Doctorate from Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law. She is originally from South Carolina and has been in the DC area since 2014.
Recent Activity of Mary Beth Waddell
- HHS Rule Protects Faith-Based Adoption Agencies to Celebrate National Adoption Month
- The inequality of the Equality Act
- The Inequality of the “Equality Act” of 2019
- National Adoption Month Launches with Assault on Faith-based Adoption
- Forcing faith-based agencies out of the system is a disservice to women