- Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA), or Planned Parenthood, is the primary supplier of abortions in the U.S. According to Planned Parenthood’s most recent 2018-2019 annual report, it committed 345,672 abortions in fiscal year 2018, up by 12,915 abortions since 2017. This is the highest number of abortions that Planned Parenthood clinics have committed in any year since 2011–12.
- According to these numbers, Planned Parenthood aborted 1,768 babies every single day in fiscal year 2018.
- According to a September 2019 Guttmacher Institute report (the most recent report available at this time), 862,320 abortions were committed in 2017. In 2017, 332,757 abortions were committed by Planned Parenthood and its affiliates. Therefore, in 2017 Planned Parenthood was responsible for 38 percent of all abortions committed in the U.S., an increase from 31.5 percent in 2011.
- From 2011-2018, Planned Parenthood committed over 2.6 million abortions (2,640,943).
- Once again, in Planned Parenthood’s report, they state that they have “more than 600” facilities. Their health center database indicates that they currently have 618 facilities. In the previous year’s report, Planned Parenthood also stated that they had over 600 facilities, though it did not disclose how many facilities closed that year in addition to 56 regional affiliates. In their 2015-2016 report, Planned Parenthood reported having “nearly 650” facilities.
- In 2017 alone, 32 Planned Parenthood facilities closed. At its height in 1995, there were 938 Planned Parenthood facilities. Affiliates have also consistently dropped from 190 in 1983 to 56 in 2017, a 71 percent decrease.