The Real Planned Parenthood: Leading the Culture of Death - 2019 EditionBy Family Research Council
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA), or Planned Parenthood, is the primary supplier of abortions in the U.S. According to Planned Parenthood’s most recent 2017-2018 annual report, it committed 332,757 abortions in fiscal year 2017, up by 11,373 abortions since 2016. This is the highest number of abortions that Planned Parenthood clinics have committed in any year since 2011–12.
- According to these numbers, Planned Parenthood aborted 911 babies every single day in fiscal year 2017.
- According to a January 2017 Guttmacher Institute report (the most recent report available at this time), 926,200 abortions were committed in 2014. In 2014, 323,999 abortions were committed by Planned Parenthood and its affiliates. Therefore, in 2014 Planned Parenthood was responsible for 35% of all abortions committed in the U.S., an increase from 31.5% in 2011.
- From 2011-2017, Planned Parenthood committed over 2.2 million abortions (2,295,271).
- Additionally, between 2011-2017 Planned Parenthood gave out an average of 1.79 million emergency contraception kits annually. Emergency contraception, such as Plan B, can kill a human embryo if fertilization has already occurred.