Marriage and Family
Should Individuals Who Identify as Transgender Be Permitted to Serve in the Military?
by Mr. Peter Sprigg Senior Fellow for Policy StudiesOn June 30, 2016, Secretary of Defense Ash Carter announced that effective the next day, July 1, "transgender Service members may serve openly, and they can no longer be discharged or otherwise separated from the military ... (more)
Family Research Council champions marriage and family as the foundation of civilization, the seedbed of virtue, and the wellspring of society. Properly understood, "families" are formed only by ties of blood, marriage, or adoption, and "marriage" is a union of one man and one woman.
Core Marriage and Family Publications
- The Bible's Teaching on Marriage and Family
- A Parent's Guide to the Transgender Movement in Education
- Modern Slavery: How to Fight Human Trafficking in Your Community
- Who Should Decide How Children Are Educated?
- Debating Homosexuality: Understanding Two Views
- The Bible, The Church, and Homosexuality
- Leviticus, Jesus, and Homosexuality: Some Thoughts on Honest Interpretation