Marriage and Family
Marriage on Trial: State Laws Defining Marriage as the Union of One Man and One Woman Are Valid under the Constitution of the United States
by Peter Sprigg Senior Fellow for Policy StudiesINTRODUCTION This paper explains why state definitions of marriage as the union of one man and one woman are consistent with the U.S. Constitution and with existing Supreme Court precedents. Q: What does the Constitution ... (more)
Family Research Council champions marriage and family as the foundation of civilization, the seedbed of virtue, and the wellspring of society." Properly understood, "families" are formed only by ties of blood, marriage, or adoption, and "marriage" is a union of one man and one woman.
Core Marriage and Family Publications
- The Bible's Teaching on Marriage and Family
- Leviticus, Jesus, and Homosexuality: Some Thoughts on Honest Interpretation
- Why Marriage Should Be Privileged in Public Policy
- Modern Slavery: How to Fight Human Trafficking in Your Community
- The Defense of Marriage Act : What It Does and Why It Is Vital for Traditional Marriage in America
- Who Should Decide How Children Are Educated?
- Debating Homosexuality: Understanding Two Views
- The Bible, The Church, and Homosexuality
Search the Issues
- Pornography and Its Consequences
- Marriage Is a Religious Liberty Issue
- If Marriage Is Not About Procreation, Why Is It About Sex?
- The State of the Family: Marital Status and Childbearing across Race, Ethnicity, and Education